Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Bellet Vineyard & More

On monday we visited a local vineyard in Nice where they make White, Rose and Red wine.  It was the first time I had been to a winery to do a tasting so I was pretty excited.  We drove up a windy mountain road where we arrived at a large stucco manor filled with art and gifts.  The view from the top was spectacular.  It looked down not only on acres of grape vines, but also the city of Nice.  In the distance you could see the snow capped mountains.  It was 11:00 am when we began tasting, which is not early for the french.  I did feel a bit strange consuming three glasses before lunch, but you are only in france once...and it was FREE!  After the tasting we headed to lunch in Nice.  Nice is beautiful. It embodies everything you imagine when you think of the french riviera, with the large flamboyant buildings and luxury stores and restaurants.  We walked down the promenade after lunch and enjoyed not only the view of the ocean, but the atmosphere and the people of the city.  We want to go back and go shopping before heading back to the states.  





Monday night we had my favorite dinner yet.  It was a small restaurant on a dock over looking the water.  For appetizers we had calamari, octopus salad and a caprice salad.  For my main course I had salmon with zucchini, everyone else had pasta.  It was a wonderful ambiance and we enjoyed the view with a couple glasses of wine.  That night while out Meghan, Abby and I were talking to a couple of yachties and we found one that actually LOVED Americans.  It was the first encounter we had with someone who raved about our accents, our ringtones and our culture.  
Yesterday I took a break from the group and spent the morning sitting at a cafe reading my book and sipping on cappuccino.  Then I visited the open air market where I bought some fruit.  Then I spent the whole day relaxing by the pool.  Today we had class in the morning then headed to the beach until storm clouds appear.  It stormed like crazy and I finished my book. I miss you all and cannot wait to see you soon! BEST!

No comments:

Post a Comment